Temperature 24 C New Delhi, IN
Tuesday, November 19, 2019
No Image

Admission for Veterinary Courses

New Delhi: Veterinary Council of India is mandated to fill up 15% seats against the total number of admissions to each recognised veterinary college which is included in the First Schedule of Indian Veterinary Council Act, 1984 on an all-India basis through a common entrance examination as per the extant Minimum Standards of Veterinary Education Regulations. At present, this 15% of the total number of seats are filled up using the merit list of the National Eligibility-cum Entrance Test (NEET). Admission to the remaining 85% of the State quota seats are filled by the respective University/State Governments following the MSVE Regulations, 2016.

As on date there are a total of 50 recognised Veterinary Colleges whose qualifications are included in the First Schedule to the IVC Act, 1984. Veterinary colleges are set up by the respective State governments (public sector) and the private sector. Universities are set up, both by the public and the private sector, by legislation.

The Government has framed the Veterinary Council of India (procedure for recognition and de-recognition of Veterinary Colleges and Veterinary Qualifications) Rules 2017 under Indian Veterinary Council Act 1984. All proposals for recognition of veterinary colleges and veterinary qualifications are processed as per the extant Rule.

This information was given in a written reply by the Minister of State for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Sanjeev Balyan in Lok Sabha yesterday.