Agri-Minister inaugurates Data Centre and launches KVK App
New Delhi: The Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Radha Mohan Singh inaugurated the data centre of ICAR and KVK App on Wednesday at PUSA in New Delhi The Data Centre will play an important role to promote Digital India Campaign in agriculture sector.
The Government has launched Digital India Campaign aims at providing electronic services to the people while reducing the requirement of paper. Radha Mohan Singh said that the mobile app has become an integral part of agricultural sector and it is being used for agricultural trading and farming practices also. Through KVK mobile app, the farmers will be benefitted with detailed knowhow generated in Krishi Vigyan Kendras. Farmers will also be able to receive information about different agricultural programmes and schemes being run by the Government with the help of KVK App.
On the occasion the Agriculture Minister emphasized on development of the hybrid seeds of improved varieties for the areas of varied agricultural climate. It will help to sort out the problems emerging due to global climate change. It is also very necessary to work out the issues of bio and non-bio adverse effects along with improvement in productivity, he said.
Radha Mohan Singh also gave away the Plant Genome Savior Awards on the occasion. The awardees for 2013-14 are as follows:
(1) Farming community of Village Sagam and Danwathpora, Dist-Anantnag, J & K,
(2) Chengalikodan Banana Growers Association, Erumapetty, Thrissur, Kerala
(3) Sagar Krishnanagar Swami Vivekananda Youth Cultural Society, South 24 Parganas, West Bengal,
(4) Khola / Canacona Chilli Cultivators Groups, Khola, Shirothi, South Goa
(5) Karen Welfare Association, Webi, Mayabunder, Middle Andaman, A& N Islands
He also congratulated to the farmers selected for Plant Genome Savior Rewards from the various parts of the country. These farmers contributed greatly to conserve resources for plant breeding.