ISRO invites application for ‘geospatial modelling watershed management’ course
The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has invited application from agriculture graduates and students from agriculture engineering programmes for a short-duration course on ‘geospatial modelling for watershed management’.
The programme will start from August 2 to 6 and will be offered free through virtual medium.
The registration is currently underway for limited number of seats and they will be offered on first come first serve basis, said the programme information brochure. At the end of the course, participants will be awarded certificates.
Candidates interested can click on http://www.iirs.gov.in/Edusat-News/ for programme details and online registration.
The course will provide an overview on the principles of watershed management, use of geospatial technologies for watershed management including the use of digital elevation models (DEMs) for terrain analysis of watershed, spatial modelling of soil erosion and soil and water conservation planning. The course is therefore of special interest for the professionals, researchers and students interested in learning utility of these modern technologies in the context of watershed management.
The course content will comprise:
An Overview of RS and GIS applications in watershed management
- Digital Terrain analysis for watershed characterisation
- Geospatial modelling for soil erosion assessment in watershed
- Land Use Planning & Soil and water conservation Measures
- Monitoring of watershed development programs using RS and GIS.
- Individuals can attend the course live via any web browser through the e-c-class portal of IIRS Dehradun i.e.https://eclass.iirs.gov.in
- The participants can also attend the live workshop viathe YouTube channel of IIRS i.e https://www.youtube.com/user/edusat2004
- The content of the workshop will be available offline after 24 hours in the e-class portal.