Mahindra to host 9th edition of Samriddhi India Agri Awards
Mumbai : Mahindra & Mahindra, part of the USD 20.7 billion Mahindra Group will host the 9th edition of the Mahindra Samriddhi India Agri Awards on 18th March, 2019 in New Delhi.
The Mahindra Samriddhi India Agri Awards initiative is an extension of Mahindra’s Samriddhi initiative which aims to enhance agricultural productivity through innovative farming technologies, leading to an increase in rural prosperity.In its 9th edition, these awards are given to farmers and institutions that have made significant advancements in the field of Agriculture during 2018.
The Mahindra Samriddhi India Agri Awards 2019 will also reiterate the company’s commitment towards Farming 3.0 that was unveiled in 2017 at the seventh edition of the Mahindra Samriddhi India Awards. Farming 3.0 aims to make agriculture sustainable, delivering Farm Tech Prosperity, through initiatives that will balance productivity and economics, with social and environmental considerations.
The awards have witnessed increased involvement and participation over the years. MSIAA 2019 received 63,758 nominations from the farmer/ non-farmer categories across the country in comparison with 62,916 which were received last year.
Mahindra Samriddhi India Agri awards 2019 will include the following categories:
- Mahindra Samriddhi Krishak Samrat Samman (Male Farmer of the Year – 3 Awards)
- Mahindra Samriddhi Krishi Prerna Samman (Lady Farmer of the Year)
- Mahindra Samriddhi Krishi Yuva Samman (Young Farmer of the Year)
- Mahindra Samriddhi Krishi Samrat Samman (Mechanization)
- Mahindra Samriddhi Krishi Sansthan Samman – Public Sector Organizations (PSO)
- Mahindra Samriddhi Krishi Shiksha Samman – Agriculture Universities
- Mahindra Samriddhi Krishi Vigyan Kendra Samman – Krishi Vigyan Kendras
- Mahindra Samriddhi Krishi Sahyog Samman – NGOs/SHGs
- Mahindra Samriddhi Krishi Shiromani Samman – Lifetime contributions