Pusa Agriculture Science Fair starts from March 10
NEW DELHI: In an effort to empower farmers, share latest agricultural technologies and propel the growth of agriculture sector in the country, the Pusa Krishi \/igyan Mela (Agriculture Science Fair) is to be held from March, 10-12, 2015 at IARI Main campus here.
The Mela, conceived and initiated in the year 1972 continues to be a highly important annual event of the Institute for creating awareness about the latest agricultural technological developments and for receiving feedback from the farming community, which helps in deciding the Institute’s future research strategy.
Every year this Mela is organized with a specific theme on a priority area of agricultural research and technology transfer. This year the theme of the Pusa Krishi Vigyan Mela 2015 is “IARI Technologies for Inclusive Growth”
The main highlights and attractions of the Mela include:
- Exhibits on IARI Technologies for Inclusive Growth
- Live demonstrations on production technologies of crops
- Farmers’ visits to experimental fields of IARI
- Technologies for protected cultivation of vegetables and flowers
- Display and sale of farm equipments and machinery by the ICAR Institutes and private companies · Sale of seeds of HYV’s of crops, saplings and seedlings by lARl and other public and private organizations
- Free soil and water testing
- Display and sale of bio-fertilizers and agro-chemicals by different agencies
- Irrigation technology for water saving
- Display and sale of Innovative Farmers’ products
- Farm women empowerment workshop
- Free distribution of Mela Souvenir and farm literature
- Innovative farmers’ meet and their honour
Kisan Gosthi is an important event of the Mela wherein top experts from various area of agriculture sector address the contemporary issue and farmers share their experiences, concerns & views on important issues.
Leave a Reply