World Soil Day observed in Roorkee
Roorkee: Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Radha Mohan Singh addressed at College of Engineering Roorkee (COER) in Uttrakhand Monday on the World Soil Day. This programme is being operationalised to facilitate the scientific information based on the requirements of the farmers.
The Union Minister said Government is doing every possible effort to issue Soil Health Cards based on soil testing to all of 14 crore farmers on the cycle of two years.
Governments is making endeavors to extend the canvass of the existing soil fertility road map in the perspective of the India’s soil health and fertility profile in broader sense of the commitment.
The national programme also accepts the important role of state governments that their implementing neo-enforcement programme based on Soil Health Management. This will provide assistance to the state governments for issuing soil health cards, to provide service so as to develop data base.
The awareness campaigns are being conducted across the country so as to make the farmers aware about the importance of soil health on the occasion of World Soil Day.
He emphasized that it will be very much appropriate on the parts of the state governments to invest in the arena of irrigation, mechanization, soil health testing, bio farming as well as farmers related transparent services.
The national parameters are being utilized to collect soil samples. It also provides to arrange exhibition so as to expose developed nutritionals process to the farmers. After having equipped with better knowhow the farmers will be able to extend appropriate contribution to agricultural development as well as food security.
The worthwhile pieces of advice meant for the farmers on world soil day are as follow:-
- A number of devices will be included in soil health management so as to maintain the fertility of the soil as per the instructions issued by Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare.
- Soil Health Card promotes the balanced and rationalized use of nutrition on the farm.
- The micro nutritional elements with first and secondary basis keeping in view the soil testing may be used.
- The consumption of chemical fertilizers will be reduced by motivating integrated nutrition management.
- Adopt compost, manure, rural compost, urban compost, green manure in the particular sector of farming under integrated nutrition management.
- Reduce the cost of farming by using different types of bio fertilizers.
- Arrange bio carbon in the soil.
- Assimilate residuals while ploughing the fields to have improvements in soil fertility.
- Get your soil card made, utilize that and enhance your income.