ICAR – 87TH Foundation Day be celebrated in Patna ICAR to launch four new schemes
PATNA:ICAR- 87th Foundation Day, the awards ceremony and National Conference of Krishi Vigyan Kendendras will be organized on July 25, 2015 in Patna, Bihar. Prime Minister, Narendra Modi will be the Chief Guest on the occasion and he will address the agriculture scientists of the country.
To fast track the lab to land programme, four new schemes of ICAR will be launched by the Prime Minister (Farmer FIRST, Student READY, ARYA and Mera Gaon Mera Gaurav) on the occasion. ICAR Vision -2050 document will also be released by the Prime Minister in addition to this he will also distribute soil testing kits to three young farm entrepreneurs.
The Imperial Council of Agriculture was originally set up in 1929. After India became independent, it was named as the Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR).The organization today has 100 institutes under its charge of which 4 are deemed universities. It operates through the 8 subject matter divisions from its headquarters in New Delhi. These divisions are Crop Sciences, Animal Sciences, Agriculture Education, Agriculture Extension, Horticulture Sciences, Fisheries Science, Natural Resource Management and Agriculture Engineering.The ICAR is the largest Public Sector National Agriculture system in the world. It presides over a National Agricultural Research System in which there are 73 Agriculture Universities including 2 Central and 67 State Agriculture Universities and 642 Krishi Vigyan Kendras.
For the first time, the foundation day of the ICAR is being organized outside New Delhi. The importance of Bihar is more as India’s first Agriculture Research and Education Institute (IARI) was established in Bihar nearly 110 years ago at Pusa, Samastipur.
ICAR has institutionalizes awards in several categories and has been recognizing the institutions, scientists, teachers, agricultural journalists and farmers every year on the foundation day.82 awards under 18 categories have been selected for this year. These comprise three institutions, one AICRP, 9 KVKs, 55 scientists, 7 farmers and 6 journalists. Of the 55 scientists, 15 are women.
Categories of Awards:
- ICAR Norman Borlaug Award
- Sardar Patel Outstanding ICAR Institution Award
- Chaudhary Devi Lal Outstanding All India Coordinated Research Project Award
- Jawaharlal Nehru Award for P.G. Outstanding Doctoral Thesis Research in Agriculture and Allied Sciences
- Panjabrao Deshmukh Outstanding Woman Scientist Award
- Vasantrao Naik Award for Outstanding Research Application in Dry land farming systems
- Jagjivan Ram Abhinav Kisan Puruskar /Jagjivan Ram Innovative Farmer Award (National/Zonal)
- N.G. Ranga Farmer Award for Diversified Agriculture
- Chaudhary Charan Singh Award for excellence in Journalism in Agricultural Research and Development
- Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Award for Outstanding Research in Tribal Farming Systems
- Bharat Ratna Dr C. Subramaniam Award for Outstanding Teachers
- Best Krishi Vigyan Kendra Awards( National & Zonal)
- Dr Rajendra Prasad Puruskar for technical books in Hindi in Agricultural and Allied Sciences
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Outstanding Young Scientist Award
- Rafi Ahmed Kidwai Award for Outstanding Research in Agricultural Sciences
- Swami Sahajanand Saraswati Outstanding Extension Scientist Award
- Hari Om Ashram Trust Award
- NASI-ICAR Award For Innovation and Research on Farm Implements
Leave a Reply